Friday 4 January 2013

Bits and pieces, and hello


Thank you to everyone who's visited since I revived this blog. Please feel free to leave a comment and introduce yourselves - I'd love to get to know you better!

I've had my other blog - about my writing life - for a very long time, and it has lots of visitors every day, so I'd forgotten the amount of work that goes in to setting up a new one!

I'm taking a couple of days rest from the Motivating Amy series because I'm ill, and I plan to demonstrate some exercises for Part 4. How have you found the first three parts? Am I making sense?

As well as having a horrible cold, I'm back to work this afternoon. An air-conditioned gym with music blaring isn't the best place to be when you're feeling bad, but it'll be great to see all the regulars again. My own workouts have been sporadic over the Christmas period - every year I plan to get to the gym at least twice a week over the Christmas fortnight, and I've never managed it!

I have my new regime in my head, all my niggling injuries seem to have be rested and mended, and I'm ready to make 2013 a great year.

Have you made any fitness goals for 2013? I'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to start running. I've always wanted to but on my own it always puts me off. I also want to try something new like squash as I've always been keen to try it and one last one is to go to a class of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic - doing a variety of different activities will give you a much better result than focusing on one, and it will also stop you getting bored!

      As for running on your own, so many people run by themselves that no one even notices now. But you could try checking out a local running club - they'll have different groups for different fitness levels. I've never joined a running group, but I know my local one has a great social life as well!

      Delete